You will not be able to make a right-hand turn at Gage and 6th Street. There is construction going on at the corner of Gage and 6th street in Topeka. You’ll need to go down to 10th and Gage and enter Gage Park through the south entrance, or you can enter Gage Park’s north entrance, but only if you come from the west on 6th from Fairlawn.
Our Crew at the Zoo Event Schedule is new for 2022!
Saturday, August 27, 2022
9 a.m. Event Opens
11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Lunch at the Security Benefit Pavilion
3 p.m. Event Concludes
If members are coming to the zoo to pick up wristbands, they will need to arrive by 3 p.m. If members have a wristband in advance, wristbands will be accepted for free entry until the zoo admits their final guests (4:30 p.m.). Wristbands for the event are only redeemable on Saturday, August 27, 2022. The first 500 families will receive a FreeState tote bag (while supplies last one tote per family/customer number).
The Topeka Zoo strives to maintain a safe, pedestrian-friendly environment where visitors of all ages and physical abilities can enjoy the benefits of the zoo.
For the safety of the animals and the enjoyment of all visitors, we ask that visitors adhere to the following guidelines when visiting Topeka Zoo:
- All of the animals at Topeka Zoo are on special diets to keep them healthy. Please do not provide any food to the animals except for the food specifically made available for the waterbirds and Children’s Zoo animals in the feed dispensers.
- Visitors should not attempt to touch or pet any animals except in the contact area of the Children’s Zoo.
- Fences and other barriers located throughout the zoo are for the safety of visitors and should never be crossed.
- Foreign objects should never be given or thrown to the animals. Foreign objects put the animals at risk and can cause medical problems.
- No outside animals will be allowed into the zoo except for service animals. Visitors with these animals should let the attendant at the front gate know upon arrival so we may be aware of their presence.
- Rollerblades, skateboards, and bikes are not allowed in the zoo.
- Children under age 13 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- No outside food or drink may be brought into the zoo.
- The zoo is smoke-free. Smoking is not permitted anywhere on the grounds.
This year we've added new interactive activities around the zoo!
As you enjoy the Topeka Zoo, we've got fun and interactive activities lined up for you. In 2022 you'll learn all about the principles, not profits, that guide your electric cooperative.
Visit FreeState booths around the zoo and collect at least five squares for a chance to win! Drop off this adventure pass as you leave the zoo.
Ages 12 and under will be placed in a drawing for kid-friendly prizes. Ages 13 and up will be in a seperate drawing for prizes just jot your name down in the space provided on the back of your adventure pass!
FreeState staff working each adventure booth will provide the punch on the corresponding square. To earn your punch on the square, just visit the booth.
The lunch punch does not count toward the adventure pass prize drawing.
Drawing will be held following the event, and winners will be announced on social media and contacted.
- Prizes for anyone over 13
- 2 Amazon Echo dots
- A family charging station for all your phones and iPads
- Motion-activated LED lights
- Colored rope lights
Prizes for anyone 12 and under
- Family FOTZ membership for 1 year
- $50 gift certificate to the Topeka Zoo gift shop
- $25 gift certificate to the Topeka Zoo gift shop